The professionals at Complete Service & Repair want to make your new furnace or heating system installation as fast and easy as possible. When it’s time to let your old furnace go, call CSR to provide you with a new system to keep your family and home comfortable.
When Should I Get a New Heater?
It is easy to find your furnace’s manufacturing date and determine its age. An average furnace functions for at most 18-20 years, but the most important factor to consider is how much you’re paying to keep your current furnace running. If your furnace has caused some costly repairs recently or you’ve noticed a hike in your heating bills over the years, it might be time to replace your heater.
How to Determine Your Heater’s Age
- Look at the interior of the removable door on your furnace. You will be able to locate a label or tag listing an actual manufacturer’s date or a serial number, depending on the company that made the furnace. OR Older furnaces will list the serial number on the fan or the fan blades.
- For some models, the first four digits of the serial number will determine the manufacturer’s date. The first two digits stand for the week of the year the unit was manufactured. The next two digits indicate the year.
- For example, a serial number like 0205 would mean the furnace was manufactured on the second week of 2005.
Look for a sticker that states the date when your furnace was last serviced. This may list the date that the furnace was installed which can be used to estimate the unit’s age.
You could also call the manufacturer to get the age of the furnace. Even without a serial number, a manufacturer’s rep may be able to look at a picture of the unit to give an idea of when it was made.
- If your serial numbers aren’t matching up, Building Intelligence Center provides a great guide to finding your manufacturer’s date. Simply click on your brand on their website and follow the step-by-step graphics they provide.
Still Not Sure?
If none of these steps do the trick, Complete Service & Repair is a phone call away and ready to help. Our heating and cooling experts can help to estimate the health of your furnace and decide whether or not a new one is needed.
How CSR Can Help
Complete Service & Repair also offers a great deal of benefits with each service they provide:
- We will perform an inspection free-of-charge. Let us make sure your heating system is needing service without any extra costs.
- Any installation we make will be our priority. If we install your heating or cooling system, we will service any issues that arise in the upmost timely fashion. Outstanding customer service is our promise to you.
Time and Money
- On Call Service – Our team at CSR is committed to providing timely service to all of our clients. If you have an emergency, give us a call and we will be out as soon as someone on our team is available. The customer’s needs always come first.
- Flexible Pricing – Our goal is to make sure that all customers who call to work with us are happy with their service and comfortable in our home. With this in mind we have structured our pricing to be very affordable and our service members to be very honest. You can rest assured you will only get the service that YOU need.